WELCOME FROM OUR PATRON: WLPA is a volunteer-based, membership association that relies on donations and the good will of our members and supporters to do our work. I encourage all readers to get involved and back our campaigns. As a published novelist, I get involved by making ongoing references to the work of our Association in my books and events. I hope all our members could also get involved. Belinda Alexander, Patron
WELCOME FROM OUR PRESIDENT: In 2019, our priority concerns are:
- To implement a no-kill policy in pounds and shelters to stop the killing of thousands of healthy cats and dogs every year.
- To rehome as many cats, dogs and rabbits every year to spare them the cruelty of being killed in pounds should they become lost or abandoned.
- To stop the commercialisation of native wildlife, especially the Kangaroo.
- To ban the use of 1080 poison.
- To ban the use of the steel jaw traps in Australia (we succeeded in having this banned in NSW and ACT in 1997).
- To ban recreational hunting.
- To lobby NSW councils to provide low cost desexing.
- To ban circuses with animals.
- To protect Australia's dingo by lobbying our government to recognise and protect it as a vulnerable species. Halina Thompson, President
Australian Charity Fundraising Number (CFN): 12896
All donations over $2 are tax deductible