Adoption Policy of WLPA
As a "No Kill" charity, we need to be assured that our rescued animals never need to be rescued a second or third time. You may adopt a dog, cat, kitten or rabbit from World League.
- Phone to see if an advertised animal is still available and discuss security
- Text photos of your home, garden, balconies, windows and doors
- All cats and rabbits must be carried home in a secure, purpose designed carry case
- Adult cats must be caged for the first week in the adopters home and we loan you the cage
- We believe pets must remain inside the boundary of your property
- We do not believe in cats on boats or free-to-roam farm cats
- We will not adopt to you if you want a cat as a 'mouser' - we adopt to home a cat as a family pet
- We do not adopt to people with un-netted balconies unless they have all windows screened, and the safety of your balcony can be improved over time
- We believe that gardens should be fully or part netted or have an outdoor enclosure
- Houses and apartments must have exits screened or netted.
If you have answered Yes to these questions we are happy to chat to you and show you our rescued animals.
To adopt one of the pets from our adoption centre on weekdays, please phone 02 9817 4892 and on weekends phone 0409 741414 or 0407 456 683. Please see our pet catalogue.